Research Methods Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Quantitative & Qualitative Social Science Research Methods trains students to conduct rigorous, sound quantitative and qualitative research in real-world settings and to critically evaluate these methods used by others. This certificate responds to increased demand for researchers trained in quantitative and qualitative methods locally, nationally, and globally. Quantitative and qualitative research skills are valuable across industries including healthcare, education, business, non-profit sector, and others. Since the certificate is administered entirely online and asynchronously, it is ideal for working professionals or graduate students who need a flexible schedule.
The certificate requires 15 credits of coursework taken over 1-1.5 years depending on the number of courses taken a semester. Students are required to take two core courses in quantitative and qualitative software and either Mixed Methodology or Content Analysis. Students then take one elective each in quantitative and qualitative research methods. All courses are 100% online and asynchronous. In Fall and Spring semesters, courses are taught in 8-week terms and in Summer semester, courses are taught in 6-week terms.
Our certificate will equip you to:
1. Identify appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methods for given research questions
2. Manage and use quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate software
3. Analyze a variety of types of quantitative and qualitative data using the appropriate methodological strategy and software
4. Critically evaluate studies that use a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods
5. Apply quantitative and qualitative research methods to substantive problems
Perfect for professionals in:
In addition to the university requirements for admission, students must have introductory knowledge of statistics. Applicants lacking the necessary background in statistics may be considered for provisional admission.
Certificate code: CG64
Required application materials:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended.
Deadline for Graduate Applications:
We accept applications on a rolling basis.
Curriculum and Course Requirements:
Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to graduate from the program. Each required class must be completed with a grade of a C- or better. Graduate students with a cumulative grade point average below 2.75 will be placed on academic probation.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Contact: email@example.com or 304-293-5901
Director: Dr. Katie Corcoran
Director: Dr. Kirsten Song